Friday, October 21, 2011

WOW---Please Pray---FOR THANKS!!!




Thank you to all of our followers who have offered up prayer and support.  Neurosurgeon saw Lisa this morning and told Mike she will most likely go home TODAY!!!!!   While the docs are good, and Lisa a fighter, this does seem to be God's way of reminding us that HE is GREAT!!!
((I am so happy...crap...now I cry!!!! Really...a whole 10 minutes of tears in the last week and now the floodgates open....seriously...get a grip woman:))
Reports from Matt, aka "the Godfather" and Mike say that Lisa did really well yesterday.  She had her "mask" made for radiology at 7am and was a champ about it.  Later, she got her first dose of radiation and had no problems.  When she called me last night at 10:30pm, her perky little voice said "Hi Mommy"  (more tears) and when I asked her about the mask and radiation...she said "I just slept thru it:)"

Plan is that she will get radiation today and then M-F for the next 6 weeks.  My guess is that she will get her dose today and then be discharged.  Fingers crossed. Knowing that she had brain surgery on Wed and they are considering letting her go home today....wow!!

Special kudos goes out to PCEP.  With 6000 plus students they are still able to hit home on a personal level.  I got a call from the Canton HS Asst Principal yesterday.    He was calling to let us know that one of Maranda's teachers had sent him information regarding Lisa and that the school was thinking of us and was available to help and provide services in any way they could.

I was also touched when our priest from St John Neumann sent me an email saying  that he had heard "the latest going on with Lisa, know that my prayers and all of St. John Neumann are with Lisa and the entire family, PLEASE let me know if there is anything else from you need I will drop anything"

Got to thank the Godfather for taking off work to be with us on Wednesday and staying with Lisa on Thursday so Mike and I could work.  Sam and Maureen who joined us at the hospital to help us pass the time on Wednesday get a big warm HUG along with:  Lisa G.  who dropped what she was doing to run to the store and get groceries we needed;  Kim, Chrissy's GS leader, who sent an email with a plan of action to get her to the play last night; Laura who along with many others got my frantic text and was first to respond saying she could take the kids overnight Tues;  Mary and Alan who also keep track of our kids so they get where they need to be.  I'm sure I'm forgetting someone....sorry if it's you.  I'm just so thankful right now!  My mind is a whir.  People always say that they couldn't do what we do...well, yes you could. Some of you are already doing it WITH us, and all of us would do what we have to do.  That being said, I wish this on NO ONE and ask God to bless each and every one of you.

Please send up a special prayer of thanks to God.  We've been keeping Him pretty busy and He has granted us more time with Lisa.  Healthy, feel good time.  How much time, I don't know, but  as someone reminded me, none of us have our date of expiration stamped on our foot.  Nobody really knows how much time they have.  Lisa is a fighter and none of us are ready to give up!

Have a GREAT day and remember to live each moment to the fullest:)

1 comment:

Bridget's mom said...

Awesome news! You go,LIsa!!!! You are one strong and brave little warrior! We will continue to keep storming heaven!