Thursday, October 13, 2011

Another night at Motts

Lisa is still in Motts.  Her counts have plummeted to below one meaning she has no way to fight off any infection.  Per protocol, they started running antibiotics yesterday.  She will have to stay on these and most likely will remain inpatient until she is fever free for 48 hours and/or her counts starts to improve.  She looks a lot better than she did last night and is awake and moving around.  She apparently slept most of the day which could explain why she keeps telling me "I can't keep still" as the hour approaches midnight.

I spoke with my manager today and let her know what was going on. She was very gracious and understanding and told me to do what I needed to do. They would work with me and my needs. I assured her that I would not let them down and that they could still depend on me to get the job done.  The ability to work remotely while Lisa is in the hospital has made things much more bearable and doable and I'm not feeling so much mom guilt.  I'm also relieved that Mike will get more of a break and won't keel over from a heart attack!

Thank you to everyone who has answered my calls for help.  I now have a back up schedule in place for when Lisa is at home and many of you have offered to help out with whatever we need.  While it seems like we have things under control right now, you just never know what the future holds, and we may need to take you up on your offers!

Please continue to pray, we are not ready to give in, give up or give Lisa back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi LiNDA,
I just caught up on Lisa. So sorry to hear she is back in the hospital. Sending up bunches of prayers!!!

The Kreagers

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Been such along time since i have posted a comment. I was so happy to read all the fun Lisa had during the summer and so happy at how she was doing all summer. Then as I read your update it had taken me back because I had been so hopeful almost to the point I forgot how sick Lisa was. I know that we will never understand what you as her parents go through I can not even imagine it. I will continue to pray for you all and Lisa. I know there is a greater purpose we will never grasp or understand. I am happy to hear that in spite of it all you guys live lives to the fullest. I will be praying for Lisa non stop because if anyone deserves a miracle she does.

Love&Prayers Kristen McIntyre