Saturday, October 22, 2011

She is home!!

Wow...I cannot believe all that has transpired in under a week. 

Lisa seems to be feeling a lot better.  She came home last night and was up and talking and playing for HOURS!  Last Sunday and Monday, I think she averaged one hour of awake time for the whole day.  She is feisty and teasing Mike and I every chance she gets.

Mike has been wonderful!!! Lisa kicked him out of his spot in the bed last night and he still came up to check her pump 3 times in the middle of the night while I just lay there sleeping.

Uncle Al is taking the older kids up North to see Grandma Mac this morning which means Mike and I won't be outnumbered and we can relax a bit.  Lisa made sure each of her sibs lavished her with hugs and love.  Chrissy apparently was the last one and Lisa told her "hey, you walked right by me...aren't you going to give me my hug?!"

A big thanks goes out to the "Rainbow Lady" and Central Middle school.  Rainbow Lady sent over a hand made quilt for Lisa and it was waiting for her when she got home.  Later in the evening last night, one of the teachers from CMS stopped by our house to deliver an envelope of gift cards.  

These gifts and the support and prayers we get from our readers, our family and friends, our community are what help us to stay strong and know we are not alone.  We all know it takes a village to raise a child....and YOU are our village.

Thank You so much!   Today is a gorgeous fall day in Michigan...make the most of it.  Go out and life life to the fullest!

1 comment:

Lynn Zott said...

Oh my, I am SO sorry that I wasn't keeping up with reading your blog this last week, and even sorrier to hear all that you have gone through. If there's anything I can do, just name it. I continue to send out healing energy and good luck mojo on Lisa's behalf, I remember you all daily in my meditation, and I have all of my friends and family praying, praying, praying. I'm glad you have you little dollface home with you, and I hope she keeps up with the feisty. Feisty is good. Take care. xoxoxoxo