Saturday, January 24, 2009

All Lisa's test were completed yesterday. We should know early next week what results were. If she has responded to chemo treatments, she will most likely be started on the vaccine trial the first week of Feb. If the cancer has not responded well to the chemo, we will most likely be doing the MIBG Radiation, but there is a wait list for that procedure so our guess is she would do a "maintenance" chemo.

Either of the treatments will be tough on her immune and will require a bone marrow transplant with a 3-4 week stay at Motts. While we've been enjoying our time at home, mentally we've been prepping ourselves for a tough month. I can only hope that she handles the treatments well and recovers quickly. There are so many things that could go wrong, it truly will be a day by day situation.

I hope that our prayers are heard and that soon we will be through this next step. She is such an awesome kid....just like her brother and just seems so cruel to that she has to endear all of this.


Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad that she is taking all of this well. Every day I pray for you guys and hope that everything is ok. I'm glad that my prayers helped.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,
Hoping those tests come back all positive. Have you all in our prayers.

The Kreagers

Anonymous said...

You and Mike are such role models that I wouldn't expect anything different from your children.You guys are awesome!
We love to see such happy progress and are continuing to offer our daily Masses for everyone.

Love, Uncle Gerald & Aunt Delphine