Monday, February 9, 2009

Another week off from Motts

Well, we got good news and some bummer news. The good news is that the spots on the lung did not appear on the x-ray, so we don't have to worry about that. While they were anticipating on admitting Lisa on Wed, they determined they need another MRI of the brain to measure the tumor there. This is the same tumor that we never realized existed until Oct last year when they told us it shrunk. It doesn't seem to be a big concern, they just want to get a baseline measurement so they can compare it to Oct's tests and future tests.

They've bumped the admit date until next Monday 2/16 which is also good news. It means we get another week off AND Lisa gets to join us in seeing the Lord of the Dance production this Sunday.

The bummer news is....we will have to reschedule our Rainbow Connection/Make a Wish trip to see the princesses in Disney. We had just gotten confirmation for April, but with the date changes of Lisa's transplant, there is no way she will be able to travel by then. Once we've completed this transplant, we will need to be very careful and make sure she isn't in crowded areas or exposed to anything for at least 100 days. She will be making frequent trips to the hospital for testing and transfusions as necessary, so traveling is out of the question for a while.

So, while it's not the end of the world, we are all a bit bummed that the Florida trip has been postponed. We've all been looking forward to it...Lisa counts the days....and it was really lifting our, well, I guess we just start counting over.


Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that the spots didn't appear in the xrays. And, I'm so glad that Lisa is going with you to see Lord of the Dance.

I'm sorry that the princess trip didn't work for your first date and count down.


tom said...

I know it's not Disney, but Terri (my bride and joy) suggested that we find a volunteer to put on a prom dress with a tiara and this Princess (not me silly the girl in the dress) would visit Lisa at Mott's. She would take a special tiara for Lisa and present it on a pillow. If someone wants to volunteer contact me and we will make arrangements (provided Mike and Linda agree).
Terri did this for Addison when she was four and Addison just loved it!
Your thoughts!

Amanda said...

I'm sorry to hear that the Disney trip was canceled. But am very happy to hear those spots got away from Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
We are going to Disney in 2 weeks. Please let me know if there is a special princess or princesses that she likes. We can try to get her an autograph and photo. If you like we even take one of her photos (you can let me know if there is a certain one) to have autographed.

Take care
The Kreagers

Anonymous said...

YES! NO SPOTS! I'm so glad everything turned out ok! And I'm so sorry that you had to cancel the princess trip. But at least Lisa will feel better by the next time you travel! She will be in a better mood and healthier! Well good luck!
With love and hope,
Alisa ( acey :D )