Monday, September 29, 2008


Hello everyone, Mike here with a quick update. We had a really good weekend interrupted only by a couple mid-night incidents of "hydration induced bed soaking" and vomiting. For a number of days post chemo we hook Lisa up to an IV to keep her hydrated at night. That means we (and when I say we I mean "I") have to get up every 2 - 3 hours to change Lisa's pull-up. After 3 hours I'm guaranteed to be changing sheets. Lisa handles the upset stomach and sickness very well. She takes care of business and goes right back to whatever it was she was doing. Often times eating a short time later. Yes, she's eating again. Not back to her pre-cancer grazing but she's getting plenty to sustain herself. As you can tell from the pictures she's thinned a bit and seems to be getting taller too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the crazy hair!!!

The Kreagers

Anonymous said...

I love it how say "when I say we I mean me!" ;) That is such a cute picture of Lisa and Maranda.