Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Second Day of Radiation Done!

Lisa is doing an awesome job....she's laying real still during her treatment and hamming it up for the cameras that we watch her on. One of her oncology docs emailed me to see how she was doing (how awesome is that?!) and when I emailed saying she was doing her radiation without anesthesia...this was the docs response:

"what, are you kidding me?? Without anesthesia??? She is such a good kid....Most kids radiation is 20 minutes or less and most of them are sedated daily!!! She really is good."

I also want to share with everyone some wonderful news about Thomas. Last week we got a letter from the school informing us that Thomas had been selected to receive the "Turnaround Achievement Award" for his school (to read the letter, click here). This award recognizes children who have made a significant turnaround in their lives through academic performance or social interaction. It is only given to one child at each elementary school, so it is quite the award and we will be going to luncheon next month to see Thomas get his award and celebrate the achievement.

Wow, I can't tell you how proud Mike and I feel. We really do have exceptional kids...hmmm...or maybe, they have exceptional parents!!;) Which ever it is, we all are truly blessed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful Thomas!! Whoo hoo!!! I am so happy for you and I hope you have a wonderful day when you go to your celebration!
So glad to hear Lisa is doing so well with her radiation.
Love you!
Jeanette

Anonymous said...

You are right, you all are exceptional!! Congrats to Thomas -very impressive.
The Enright's

Amanda.B said...

Keep it up Lisa! You are the best! And awesome job Thomas!
Amanda.b

Anonymous said...

Yaah for Thomas!! Congrats and have a great time at your special lunch! Way to go!

Mrs. Rumptz

Anonymous said...

Way to go Thomas! Keep it up!

I think it has something to do with the parenting:)

Congrats!

The Grendysa's

Anonymous said...

Sharon here way to go Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great news! You are all so exceptional and outstanding! I'm so proud for all of you and glad that you are too. What great role models you are for the rest of us.

Love,
Pam

Ashley Howley said...

Hey!!! Congrats to Thomas and Miranda for their awards!!!! Yaay for Lisa! I'm glad she's doing so well! Happy 1 year as a forever family! Great picture. I love Thomas and Lisa's smile. Haha. Tell Chrissy hello for me!!!!
Love you guys!
Always in my prayers,
Ashley Howley