Friday, August 31, 2018

Happy 14th Birthday

Today Lisa would have turned 14 years old.  I try to think of what she would be like.  I'm pretty sure she would have been our toughest teen.  She had no issue telling you what she thought and getting what she wanted.  I attempted to honor her today doing things that I thought she might have enjoyed.
I started the day with a massage and as I drove to it felt Lisa guiding me to call a friend who lived in the area who I had not seen in years.  The odds were that she would not be available  given the short notice but I had to at least reach out as it seemed what Lisa wanted.  Five minutes later I was on my way to meet my friend for lunch.  Maranda was in the area so she was able to join us.


We had a great time catching up and when we were done Maranda and I got pedicures together.  I then headed off to a psychic reading.  While an interesting experience I'm still not sure what I think about what I heard.  

Mike and I finished off the day having dinner with our neighbors at the lake.  Two of the families have girls Lisa's age that she played with years ago.  It was nice to be able to spend some time with these young ladies nd think about how much Lisa would have enjoyed the evening.

Remember tomorrow starts Childhood Cancer Awareness month.  Be Bold Wear Gold because kids can’t fight cancer alone and  they shouldn't have to!

No comments: