Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Almost 6 years since she left us

May 19, 2019 marks the 6th year since Lisa left us.  It is also the day of St. Baldrick's Shave-A-Thon….in Livonia…at Claddagh Irish Pub.

It seems like Lisa is sending a pretty strong message of what I should do to honor her that day.  She thought nothing of shaving her head, it was part of her getting ready for summer ritual. Only problem is I’m not Lisa and having a shaved head is not one of my best looks.  (Some have compared bald me to Mr. Bean and Beaker from the Muppets!)
But, it’s not about the hair, right?  It’s about Lisa and the other childhood cancer warriors. It’s about how they have bigger worries then hair.  It’s about childhood cancer research being extremely underfunded and finding ways to increase awareness, funding and research.  
So, I should do it, right?   In honor of Lisa, I should shave my head.  But I need your encouragement and support.   Every dollar makes a difference for the thousands of infants, children, teens, and young adults fighting childhood cancers Will you please consider donating to help me raise money for childhood cancer research?  All you need to do is click this link. 

If you’re able to join us at the event message me.  I will see if I can reserve spots for the group and get a set time for my shave!
 
PS. Someone mentioned offering added incentives to get people to donate.  Something like the first person to donate gets to cut off my pony-tail (which I will be donating to Michigan’s Children with Hairloss.) and the person who donates the largest amount gets to do the first shave.  What do you think? Any other ideas?  Let me know!
 
 
 

No comments: