Monday, March 2, 2009

Sleepless Night

According to doctors things are going well, as planned, and Lisa is responding how they expected. It is good news and considering all things she looks really good.

Unfortunately, I'm exhausted. I just haven't been able to get back on my game since a few weeks ago when I was sick. Nights like last night make it even more difficult. The nurses check in on Lisa every hour...this is helpful and usually gives me a chance to sleep. However, last night Lisa had very bad timing and seemed to require a diaper change 10 minutes after the nurse left the room. That meant that I had to get up and change her, which at times was quite messy and meant extra cleanup. By the time we would get settled in, the hour was up, the nurse would check in again, leave, I would start to go back to sleep and Lisa would let me know she needed her diapered changed...again. The cycle repeated. Every so often Lisa added the bucket dance to the routine to liven things up. It is just heart wrenching to see because there is basically nothing but mucus for her to throw up (gross to write, even grosser to catch!) But, once again, Lisa was a trooper...she'd exhaust her little body and snuggle back down into bed until the next round. Every so often she'd call out in her sleep. Other times she'd wake up in pain...when I asked her what was bothering her, she'd say she didn't know. I'm guessing mouth sores. So, we struggled thru the night and ended up catching some 4 straight hours of sleep from 6 am to 10 am.

Salvation came in the way of a good friend...Lisa G. came by to keep Princess Lisa company and give me a break to get out of the room, grab a bite to eat and get some work done. So kudos to Lisa G. for putting up with my whining and hugging princess Lisa tight when they kicked me out of the room!

Docs keep saying we are still on the spiral down...things will get worse before they get better. Patience has never been my virtue and I'm anxious to get through phase and bring Lisa home. Taking it day by day and trying to stay focused!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda,
Just know we are thinking about all of you and continue to keep you all in our prayers.

The Kreagers

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers as always, I hope you get some rest and that Lisa feels a lot better.
Amanda

Anonymous said...

You are all the best. Sending you thoughts of comfort.

Best,
Pam

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Lisa was able to give you a break, sounds like it was needed. Hope you have a better day today!

Sarah