Friday, March 2, 2012

Bridget the Brave---An Amazing Day

For those of you keeping tabs on Bridget...below is her mom's post from yesterday...like a said...these kids aren't going down without a fight...amazing!!

An Amazing Day

Bridget had an amazing morning! I didn't get to sleep until 5 am for various reasons plus Bridget was sick in the night. I woke up to Bridgie lying awake in her bed. "Where's my glasses?". I told her I had them. "Well, I need them"
This started an amazing morning of doing all the things I told you 3 hours previously that she was no longer able to do. She used the bathroom, stood and walked with assistance, talked clearly without the slurring, conversed on the phone with her dad, watched some tv. The kicker was she said "I am hungry and wanted chicken nuggets! Mind you it was 8 am. Luckily, I had a stash from the night before in the fridge. I had to order honey mustard though. In order to do that I had to order breakfast for her...lol!
She was tired, but we had a full conversation about some things. One of the Gift of Art Musicians knows a friend of ours and she came and played some music. Bridget was tapping her foot, sang a verse or two and even did some of the motions. The guitarist played a song with zebras in it about going to the zoo just for Bridge and a few Irish ones too;) I was just see excited to have some moments with my Bridgie enjoying herself.
She was tired when her godmother came to visit, but she listened and prayed a whole rosary along with her, listening to the words and very devoutly nodding at the end of each prayer. She started to get sleepy at about 3, but she had quite a full day.
When we go to radiation a SWAT team takes her....kind of like Survival Flight within the hospital. Radiation is about a mile walk from Mott through the hospital. They are with us the whole time in case she has a problem.
Fr. Lobert, the chaplain of my kid's high school, Fr. Gabriel Richard, stopped by in the early evening. He gave Bridgie the Anointing of the Sick, a Catholic sacrament of healing.
I would say it was a good day. G.K. Chesterton once said that " the most astonishing things about miracles is they happen!" May we continue to be astonished with the big and little things In all our lives.
Every Day With Joy!

No comments: