Monday, December 5, 2011

Once again, sorry for so few posts.  I wish I could say it's because "no news is good news" but it's really more like "what the heck can I say".

Oct gave us a scare,  Lisa rallied and given the situation is doing remarkbly well. She has been complaining about headaches more and more which is a big concern.  People who have seen her have remarked how different she looks.  She is still quite "bloated" looking from the steroids.  She is scheduled this week for an MRI of the spine because that is where they think the neuroblastoma cells will show up next.  I've asked that they include her brain in the scan because of the headaches she has been having.  There is really no next step out there for her.  If the MRI shows activitiy in her spine we will have to give her more radiation.  If MRI shows activity in the brain, this could be problematic.  My understanding is they can only radiate an area of the body once, so if the activity in the brain is the same spot as last time then radiation will not be an option.  As for the cancer in the rest of her body, the only thing we can do right now is more chemo which she starts Tuesday.

I don't know if it's the time of year or having a new job or having 3 other kids but I'm finding myself very worn out.  Being a control freak, I just want a plan.  I want someone to tell me do a,b,c and that will make life "normal".  I know, it doesn't work that way.  So, hence the quiet blog...I prefer to put my head in the sand and just push forward.

On a positive note, we have been keeping busy and able to go to a Christmas Tree Walk and Henry Ford Museum compliments of a new organization called Courageous Kids. If you are looking for a good cause to donate to this Christmas, you should check them out at Courageous Kids.   Any money you donated will be matched by David A. Brandon Foundation as referenced below.

This fall, Courageous Kids was presented with a generous
match grant offer from the David A. Brandon Foundation. The Brandon Foundation
will match dollar for dollar all monies donated until December 31, 2011.(David
Brandon is the athletic director of the University of Michigan and a generous
financial supporter of the University of Michigan Health Care System)


We are NOT ASKING our Courageous Kids families for
donations. We are very dedicated to the concept of presenting free events and activities
to our Courageous Kids and their families. The sacrifices that all of you are
making, and the challenges you face daily, is why this organization exists.


If, however, you may be lucky enough to have contacts in the
community, friends or extended family in the community who you think might be
interested in making a fully tax deductible donation to Courageous Kids, before
the end of the year...that gift would be greatly appreciated. We would like to
take full opportunity of this generous match grant offer from the Brandon’s and
thought our families might be willing to spread the word.

Blessings!

 Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Emily's Family said...

Don't ever be sorry! We do understand.

Please know that we as NB Parents, know that updating the blog is a lot more work than just sitting down and writing. I know for me sitting down and writing makes me feel even more that this is real, really this is real!

I always thank of you all! I know I don't always comment, but I always think of you! I hope and pray that the headaches are just headaches and not NB related.

Sending out love and thoughts your way!

Shannon, Emily's MOm
http://www.emilyhubbel.com