Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Prayer Request for Mike's Mom and our Motts Friend

How quickly life can take you by surprise. We received news this afternoon that Mike's mom was was rushed to the hospital. After some tests and an MRI, they moved her to another hospital that specializes in heart surgery. It is a heart problem and has something to do with the the aorta or the artery that is connected to it. She was being prepped for surgery within 3 hours of us getting the news. I last spoke with Mike at 9 pm tonight and she was still in surgery. Mike, his brother Alan, and sister Maureen have all gone to the hospital in Grand Rapids to be with her. Up to now she has had great health, so we are hoping for the best, but ask that you please pray for her and her family.

Also, one of our little Mott's friends Noah Biorkman has been circulating on Facebook...I found the post about him thru a friend in California. He is one of our neuroblastoma buddies. He was diagnosed in February of 2007 when he was 3, went into remission six months later but relapsed in September of 2008. Now prognosis is VERY bad... it doesn't sound like he is going to live until Christmas....I just don't understand..it rips me apart inside.

Family is asking people to send Christmas Cards. You can find more information on facebook or read about it here: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21522646/detail.html

Lastly...even though I knew I shouldn't...after I checked Noah's blog, I checked another of our neuroblastoma buddies blog. Carson passed away on Oct 2. I sit here drenching my keyboard with tears. I just don't understand. This doesn't make any sense. Why,why,why?! These children are so young and yet they have to endure so much suffering. I can't bear to think of Lisa having to go down this path. It breaks my heart. Please God, give us all strength and hope and protect us. Please, I beg of you. I know I should count my blessings each day, and I try, I really do, but in the wee moments of the night I feel as if I'm in a nightmare that even though the music may become less intense, you still know the bad thing is coming. I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out...Lisa's next scans are in two weeks and I get short on breath just thinking of taking her to the hospital.

Please keep us and all of our family and friends in your prayers. And remember to really try and count your blessings every day...it's hard, I know, but sometimes it's all we've got.

No comments: