Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pins and Needles


We had a great weekend. Started with a trip to Michigan Adventure on Thursday. As we pulled into the parking lot along side of Shivering Timbers roller coaster, Lisa echoed her brother and sisters excitement and joined in the chorus of "I love roller coasters". Once we entered the park, Dad took the big kids to the first roller coaster and Mom took Lisa to the little one. We boarded immediately and Lisa cried with glee "I love this ride". Within two seconds of the roller coaster moving she started screaming "I hate this....I want Daddy... make it stop". As the 15 second ride rolled into the "station" and I worked to convince her it was okay, her screaming escalated as we rolled by the station for the second round on the loop. She survived and was a bit more cautious getting on the car, boat and plane rides that go round in a circle and that most kids beep the horn continuously....not Lisa....she held on for dear life. She apparently had gotten used to the rides because once Mike and I switched and I took the kids to the corkscrew, Mike took her to the "big" roller coaster. She loved it and didn't scream at all was the report...what?! I think it's just that selective hearing Mike uses.

After Michigan adventure we headed to the Double JJ resort in Rothbury compliments of a good friend who has a place there. While the place is still not fully operating because of new ownership, our kids enjoyed it immensely. There was a swimming pool and a few barn animals to feed and that's all that the kids need to have a good time. The older ones were bummed they didn't get to be led in a circle on the pony....Lisa....she screamed her whole way around. Let's just say Lisa needs a lot more "getting used to the idea" time than others.




Friday we went to Silver Lake Sand dunes and enjoyed the scenery via the jeep ride tour. Saturday on our way home we stopped at Pere Marquette beach on Lake Michigan. It was awesome....the big water and rolling waves instilled calmness and peace in me. I was trying to convince the rest that we should stay for another day or two. I was overrulled..bummer...I could use some more peace. (By the looks of the picture...Lisa was enjoying the peace too! Is that a curl forming in her hair?)


The 3 older kids are off at camp now for the week. A first time experience for Maranda. I find myself constantly doing mental checks wondering how they are doing and what they are up to. I'm ready to go and "volunteer" at the camp and join in the fun for a day. I've been told, I've got to let the kids have their fun and let them grow up....hmmmm....why?!

Lisa is doing well. Today is the first day of a series of 3 day tests and scans. I have to admit I'm on pins and needles. Every ounce of me believes that things are going to come back fine. But after having the rug pulled out from under me a little over a year ago, I'm a little less trustworthy of my intuition.

So....please throw a few extra prayers out.....we are so enjoying our freedom and not having treatments...I don't want it to ever end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found a yellow silicone braclette with LISA on it in a large bag of broclettes that i had ordered for my programing. So I thought that I would check it out. Sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time on your vaccation. I will remember to keep Lisa in my preyers. All my best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are continuing to enjoy summer. i understand how lisa feels, i also hate roller coasters and refuse to ride them. Lisa is getting cuter with every picture! you are in my prayers,
olivia

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation. Hang in there!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Cool picture of the kids in the chair.

Let us in on where it is located so we too can have a giant chair picture!

Glad that all is going well.

Lisa G.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to check your page in awhile. I got on today and couldn't believe the hair! She's as cute as ever :) Hope you all are having a great summer.

Stephanie
(RN 7 mott)