Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Do Over

Mike here: I arrived at work and got the call even before I sat down. It's the surgeon that removed the tumor from Lisa's abdomen... [inhale deeply] Turns out the vaccine that is being made for Lisa has been contaminated with a bacteria rendering it useless. That's the bad news. The good news is that they still have enough of the tumor to try to make another vaccine. Yea. However they don't have enough white blood cells (or stem cells - I feel like I keep getting them mixed up) So, she'll need to go through the apheresis procedure again. That procedure requires an uncomfortable IV or catheter in the leg for a few days.
So that's the latest as of this morning. We've a lot questions and we'll get those answered in the next day or so. I suspect this will all work to our advantage somehow. Keep your fingers crossed. We'll update soon.

No comments: